Friday, December 12, 2008

I thought I would tell you about one of our family traditions, for many years, we have been letting the boys pick out a new christmas ornament, we now have many ornaments. Probably for the past 10 years we have gone to Gardner's Village for this event with our good friends the Johnsons. The boys choose their ornament after much consideration. As I look at the tree I have such fond memories of their childhood, I can look at the ornament and immediately be able to know who picked it out. When the boys get married they will take their ornaments with them and hopefully be able to remember good times and share these memories with those people they care about. The older we get the more special these memories are. I love Christmas, everything about it.

2 comments:

Matt Olsen Family said...

Hi Mindi, I found your blog from Tracy Smythe's blog. What cute pictures of your cute cute family. Talk to you soon.
Tanna Olsen

Tracy Smythe said...

Mindi...I love this tradition. That is a great idea to go pick out the ornaments with the kids. Matt and I have been exchanging ornaments every year. I love pulling them out every year and remembering the year we got them. Memories!!!